Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tournament #44

Took some grief at work for not updating in a couple days so decided to get back on the horse and play tonight. Typical setup, 45 players. Way too aggressive early on, overbetting, playing like a wild man and I was down to $900 before I knew it. Doubled up with QQ though and that put me to $1800. A couple more double ups and before I know it, I'm at the final table with about $4400, good for 7th out of 9. We lose a guy and the short stack is suddenly in the BB. He rivers a pair with 7/5 against 8/3 to double up and soon enough I'm in the BB with $2400 total left. Blinds at $300/600 and I pick up QQ. Have no choice but to go all-in and I get one caller, who turns over A/7 of diamonds. Naturally, the flop has two diamonds. He then turns an ace and rivers a 7 for 2-pair, busting me in 8th place. Frustrating to once again be on the wrong end of a bad beat elimination, QQ being a nearly 70% favorite pre-flop. And to be bubble boy, no less. Argh. Still, a much better tournament for me. I just somehow have to figure out a way to get more chips before the final table so I don't get blinded off. 8th place.

FINISH: 8th place
PAYOUT: $0.00
PROFIT: -$0.25
BANKROLL: $58.64

No comments:

Post a Comment