Sunday, April 25, 2010

Tournament #43

Aggression pays off early in this one as I raise to $100 from the BB with J/J. I get 4 callers (?!!?). Flop comes A/9/8 with 2 spades and I bet $160. One caller. Turns is a blank. Another $160 from me, another call. River is another 9, a third spade. I bet another $160 and the other guy raises all-in, with me barely covering. I give it some thought and call. He's got Q/8. WTF. Called $100 pre-flop with Q/8 and then called all the way to the river with third pair and a flush draw on the board AND an ace on the board. Terrible play. I'm up to $2400 now though. Continuing to hang around as I watch idiots around me go all-in with garbage and get rewarded for it. One guy called 2 - big - all-ins with Q/J suited. And promptly flopped a flush to bust the other two. Awesome. I'll take my $2400 for 11th out of 24, thank you very much. Same dude just called another big all-in with J/9 and hit another flush. WTF. In small blind, I raise to $200 (2xBB) with A/6. Crazy man in BB re-raises all-in. I know he's making a play, so I call. My read is right - he turns over 8/3. He promptly pairs his 3 on the flop, turns a set, and rivers a full house. And just that fast, I've taken the bad beat from hell - AGAIN - and I'm busted in 21st place. Once again, I don't know what I'm supposed to take away from this. I mean, seriously, 8/3. So f'ing frustrating.

FINISH: 21st Place
PAYOUT: $0.00
PROFIT: -$0.25
BANKROLL: $58.89

No comments:

Post a Comment