Sunday, April 4, 2010

Tournament #15

I hate guys that are all-in on the first hand of a tournament yet here I am, all-in on the first hand. I raise big pre-flop with K/K and get three callers. Flop is 9/10/x with 2 spades. I bet $260 and get two callers. Turn is a jack, now 3 spades on the board (I have a spade). I bet $240, one caller. River is an ace. I bet $260 and get raised all-in and call. Other guy turns over K/8 - no pair, no flush draw, just a busted straight draw. What a terrible play. I more than double up to $3400. Just lost over $1000 in a pot by clicking the wrong button. Meant to call with a pair of jacks and managed to click fold to a very small raise instead. Awesome. What a terrible mistake. Down to $1700 now. Down to about $1400 before doubling up with QQ. All-in pre-flop vs 10/10 and they hold up. Up to $2800 now. I'm back down to about $1200 and we've got 10 players left. All-in with JJ, get called by K/3. Double up to $2400. Gonna try and grind my way into 7th place. Shortest stack just got busted and I've made the final table - and I'm actually in 6th! Blinds at $200/400 and I'm in the small blind with just $1200 left. I pick up QQ so raise all-in, get 2 callers. Flop and turn are all lower than me so I'm feeling good - then a 4th diamond on the river. Both guys check it, however and neither has a diamond! I triple up to $3700, 6th out of 8 with 2 guys under $2000. Shortest stack just got busted and now we're in the money! Another guy gone so we're down to 6 players. I've got $1570 left with blinds at $300/600. Another guy busted when his A/8 is beaten by 8/6. I'm all in with A/7 and triple up when I river a set of 7s! 5 players left. Another short stack gone when her A/J is beaten by J/7. I'm all-in with A/7 vs K/J and the guy flops a straight. I turn 2 pair but a K on the river finishes my run at 4th place. Considering I never once got above $4000 this is a miracle outcome. Patience paid off big-time in this one.

FINISH: 4th Place
PAYOUT: $1.40
PROFIT: $1.15
BANKROLL: $59.96

No comments:

Post a Comment