Sunday, April 25, 2010

Tournament #42

Not ready to quit playing tonight, I'm back onto Pokerstars for another 45-player tourney. I'm determined to be more aggressive - reduce my limping, raise more often. Pick up a nice hand early on when my AA turns into a full house when the flop comes A/K/K. Unfortunately, I can't get anybody to bet and end up only winning a $300 pot. That promptly gets given back when my flush and open-end straight draws go nowhere on the next hand. Oh well. Sitting on $1370, still very early. Kinda hung around but blinds grew to $75/150 while I had just $1000 left. Folded J/6 in the face of an all-in raise. Without that raise, I maybe would have pushed myself. That would have been a full house - J/6 on the flop, 6 on the turn. Alas, twas not to be. Next hand, I get A/10 suited so push all-in. One caller - and he's got AA. J/K on the flop but no draws hit so I'm out in 17th place. No problem with this tournament, feel better about being more aggressive but someday I gotta start picking up some cards, right?!

FINISH: 17th Place
PAYOUT: $0.00
PROFIT: -$0.25
BANKROLL: $59.14

No comments:

Post a Comment