Saturday, April 24, 2010

Tournament #41

Wide awake and raring for another crack at the tables tonight, so going for a third tourney. Much better start to this one, doubling up early on and picking up some cards. Won a couple big pots with a set of 7s and a set of 5s. Won a $3000 pot when my AA held up against another player's 10/10 with straight draw. Sitting at $6000, 3rd out of 28. Cards have dried up a bit so I'm down to $4500, good for 5th out of 12. Still, very solid position with blinds at $75/150. Couple nice hands - including J/J twice - and I'm up to $5700, 6th out of 10. I blink and two more players are gone and I'm at the final table, 4th place out of 8. Another guy gone and we're into the money! Take down a big pot when I'm in the big blind with 8/4 and the flop comes 8/4/7. Two other guys along for the ride with me, both missing their straight draws. I'm up to $8500, 4th out of 7. Heard my sprinkler system running for some reason, so sat out a hand or two while I took care of that. Come back to find 3 9s on the board and people betting at the pot. Guess who had the 4th 9? Yeah, yours truly. ARGH! Well, that ended in a hurry. Blew $2500 on a pot where my pair of 9s got beaten by a set. Then limped into a pot with 8/8 and called an addition $488. Flop was 7/3/9. Bet $400, got raised to $888 and then called an all-in. Other guy turned over 7/3. Are you kidding me? That's so how my luck has gone recently. Guess I should have raised all-in pre-flop or something. I dunno. 6th place.

FINISH: 19th Place
PAYOUT: $0.67
PROFIT: $0.42
BANKROLL: $59.39

No comments:

Post a Comment