Monday, April 26, 2010

One month in...

So we're a month into this experiment, 43 tournaments played so far. While I am still ahead $8.89, I am down over a dollar compared to my 2-week status. I have cashed just twice - both times in 6th place - over my last 14 tournaments. I've taken so many ridiculous bad beats over the last run of tournaments that I've begun to expect to get knocked out and that's bad. I've been busted four times in the last 20 tournaments while holding AA - by 10/10, 4/5, 2/3, and Q/6. I've dropped to cashing only 28% of the time and now have an average finish of just worse than 16th place. Not at all what I want or was expecting. Still, I'm ahead $8.89 and that's a good thing - that's an 83% profit on every single tournament I've played (43 tourneys, $8.89 profit = 20.67 cents per tournament. 25-cent buy-in each time = 83% profit per tournament). So the overall totals are fine but, man, the recent results are very depressing. I continually get punished for making the correct play and that's tough to take. All I can do is keep slogging away knowing that the correct play will eventually get rewarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment