Monday, April 19, 2010

Tournament #32

Tonight, I appear to be cursed. I pick up AA in the cutoff and raise to 5x BB and get two callers. Flop comes 2/8/7 with two clubs. I bet $480 into a pot of $300 and get one caller. Turn is another 7 and I push all-in and get called. Dude turns over Q/10 of clubs for a flush draw. Naturally, he rivers the flush and I'm down to $270. So, how to play that differently? Push all-in pre-flop? I did that in the first tourney tonight and got THREE callers. Push all-in on a relatively harmless flop? Did that last tourney, got called, and the guy went runner-runner on me. Console myself with the notion that I've made the right play each time for the situation and got sucked out on? Yep, that's the answer. Played it right and got beat. Sometimes that happens. Well, I can stop griping now. After sucking out when all-in to river a straight when I was way-behind, I went all-in again for $285 with K/J suited. Two callers - one with 6/6, the other with A/A. Flop was 5/7/9. Turn? J. River? K. I more than triple up to $1000. All-in for $800 with A/K in the big blind, other guy with A/10. Neither of us hits anything, I double up to $1700. First real bad play, me not pushing all-in with 10/10 pre-flop, instead folding because about 5 guys had limped in ahead of me. Guy to my left went all-in and got one caller. Naturally a 10 came on the flop - I'd have tripled up to over $5000. Nice misplay, Tabe. All-in for $1200 with A/K. Get called by a guy with $2000 and he turns over K/Q. Flop comes A/K/J to give me top pair. Naturally, because that's how my night has gone, he hits his gutshot straight and I'm done. 19th place. What a horrible night this has been.

FINISH: 19th Place
PAYOUT: $0.00
PROFIT: -$0.25
BANKROLL: $60.30

No comments:

Post a Comment