Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tournament #27

Slow start had me down to $1000 by the time the blinds were at $50/100. Picked up Q/J of clubs and limped in with 2 other guys. Flopped a flush and waited for action. One bettor and a raise so I pushed all-in. Got called by a guy with A/K with the A of clubs. No more clubs the rest of the way, though, so my flush was good. More than doubled to $2500, good for 10th of 23. May have misplayed 10/10. Raised to 2x BB knowing a short stack may push all-in. 2 callers in-between and then he did, indeed, raise all-in. Thought about it a long time and folded, expecting one of the two others to call since they each had 5-6x the amount needed to call. But neither one did, allowing the guy to basically double up. Should I have called? I dunno. Tough with 2 more guys behind me yet to act. That's why I hate middle pairs! I'm hanging around still, sitting on $3500, good for 9th out of 13. Picked up A/K of clubs in the BB. Guy to my left raises to $1200 (3x BB) and push all-in. He calls and turns over A/Q off. Flop is 7/10/10. Blanks on turn and river and I've doubled up to $7000, 3rd out of 13! Call an all-in while in the BB for another $1000 when I've got A/K. Other guy turns over J/2, then promptly flops a 2 and turns a J. LOL. Made it all back on the next hand by pushing someone out when I had a flush draw and top pair. $6100, 5th out of 10. Another guy gone and we're at the final table, me with $5275 and the 3 shortest stacks to my immediate left. Blinds are already $300/600 so even I'm not sitting pretty at just 8-1/2 blinds. 2 more guys busted and we're into the $$$. I'm sitting on $4000, good for 5th. Busted in 7th when my A/7 of diamonds turned into a flush draw only :( Oh well, nice to cash 2 straight tournaments. Tough way to make a 14-cent profit though!

FINISH: 7th Place
PAYOUT: $0.39
PROFIT: $0.14
BANKROLL: $61.16

No comments:

Post a Comment