Sunday, May 16, 2010

Tournament #63

Crazy moment early on in this one when I checked with K/8 in the BB, along with four other guys. Flop was K/10/Q. I bet $150, and the other four guys all went all-in. I quickly folded. They turned over Q/10, K/10, A/J, and J/9. Two straights and two two-pairs. Turn & river were both hearts allowing one guy to come from way behind and hit a flush!

I picked up nothing early on and was down to $990 with blinds at $75/150. Got K/Q suited so pushed all-in. Three callers. Runner-runner clubs gave me a flush and quadrupled me (nearly) to $3500! Blinded down to $2900, 8th of 13. Blew most of it chasing a flush with 2nd pair, down to $500. All-in with A/J pre-flop...two pair on the flop! Full house on the turn! Back to $1730, blinds at $100/200. Next hand I get A/K suited, raise to $600, one caller. Flop is J/7/3, I push all-in, get called. Guy turns over 8/7. Really? Calling a big bet from a short stack with 8/7? Turn and river are blanks and I'm busted in 13th. Granted I made a couple mistakes here but wow. How do you call a big raise and then call with a LOW 2nd pair on an all-in? Bad poker rewarded is what that hand was. Lesson learned - next time push all-in pre-flop.

FINISH: 13th place
PAYOUT: $0.00
PROFIT: -$0.25
BANKROLL: $58.15

No comments:

Post a Comment