Monday, May 3, 2010

Tournament #48

Wow, finally back in the $$$ column! I couldn't take the way the last tourney played out, so I played a second tonight, knowing it could run late. I managed to hang around, with a couple of un-called all-ins pushing me to about $3800. Key hand of the tourney for me had me calling an all-in with A/J with an ace and two diamonds on the board. Other guy had 10/8 of diamonds but ended up missing his draw, pushing me to about $7500. I made the final table with a nice stack of around $7500 and was able to steal enough blinds, as well as win enough "walk" hands, to keep hovering in the $6000 range. Missed an opportunity to triple up when I folded 4/4 in the face of an all-in raise. It got called and a 4 came on the river that would have put me to nearly $16000. Alas, twas not to be. Meanwhile, players kept dropping around me and I suddenly found myself in the final three. With blinds at $600/1200, I pushed all-in on back-to-back hands with A/9 suited and A/10 suited. The A/9 went uncalled, the A/10 was called by 8/8. A straight draw was flopped but went nowhere and I was busted in 3rd. I'LL TAKE IT.

FINISH: 3rd place
PAYOUT: $1.85
PROFIT: $1.60
BANKROLL: $59.49

No comments:

Post a Comment