Monday, May 10, 2010

Tournament #56

Rough start as I dropped $400 chasing gutshot straight and flush draws that went nowhere. That sucked. A couple other missed raises and I'm down to $1080. Holy crap, I won a pot! Raised to 3x BB pre-flop with A/J. Flop was K/6/6, I bet $120 (4x BB) and got no callers. A huge $225! Chip leader at my table decides to start raising all-in on every hand so when I pick up A/2, I call for $920. He turns over 7/5. Stop me if you've heard this before...J/6/5 on the flop. 4 on the turn. Blank on the river. 28th place. I can't remember the last time I won one of these where I'm a gigantic favorite but the shorter stack. My friend Calvin's theory about Poker Stars being rigged in favor of whoever has the bigger stack sure seems to be true in my case - at times, anyway.

FINISH: 28th place
PAYOUT: $0.00
PROFIT: -$0.25
BANKROLL: $59.90

No comments:

Post a Comment