Monday, May 3, 2010

Tournament #49

Very slow start to this one for me. Wasn't catching anything so played very few hands and didn't win any of those. Missed a big opportunity to quintuple up when I folded 9/9. But when you raise, someone re-raises all-in and THREE MORE PEOPLE all go all-in, how can you call? Flop naturally had a 9 and I would have been instant chip leader. Oh well. With more than half the field eliminated, I finally took down my first pot, going all-in and doubling up with KK. Another small pot followed with another double-up half a dozen hands later. Called a small all-in with AJ. Me and another guy. Flop was A/x/x with 2 diamonds. He turned over a diamond draw that went nowhere and I was good. $4200 total. Two hands later, I've got A/K suited and raise to $450 (3xBB). Re-raised to $1200, I call. Flop is x/Q/J. Check. Turn is K. Other guy bets $1500, I raise all-in. He's got JJ :( River is nothing. Busted in 15th place. Dumb play. Should have recognized the big pair to start with, or for sure on the turn. Could have gotten out for $1200 instead of going broke. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

FINISH: 15th place
PAYOUT: $0.00
PROFIT: -$0.25
BANKROLL: $59.24

No comments:

Post a Comment