Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tournament #12

Tonight's tourney started off slow - lots of big pots from other players, but nothing from me. I was able to double up fairly early on when I flopped a set while the other guy continued to bet into me. He rivered 2-pair and lost a pile of money as a result. Big hand for me later, I raised early with 10/10, got re-raised all-in, a caller, and then a re-re-raise all-in. I thought long and hard about calling before laying down the pair. The other guys turned over A/2, A/3 and something else I forget. None of them paired anything - my 10s would have held up. Could have quadrupled. But who can call with 10s with that many raises in front of you? Doubled up later with about 15 players left when I drew JJ in the small blind. Raised all-in, got a caller with K/Q and my Js held up. Sitting in 7th with 11 left with $4200. Have hung around the $4000 mark and made the final table in 8th place. First hand of the final table I'm big blind with 7/4. Me and another guy heads up, flop comes 10/5/6. I river a 3 to make my straight and take down $3000 to move to $5300. Pocket 4s turn into a full house for me in a $7600 pot and I'm now at $9300, 3rd place out of 8. Maybe played too tight and got blinded off. Busted in 8th place when my A/9 suited ran into KK. Have no idea how two guys with less money than me managed to outlast me without winning a pot. Very irritated at my 3rd bubble boy finish in the last 6 tournaments. I've got 4 cashes in 12 tournaments overall, could EASILY be 7 out of 12.

FINISH: 8th Place
PAYOUT: $0.00
PROFIT: -$0.25
BANKROLL: $58.30

No comments:

Post a Comment