Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tournament #9

Another 45-player, $.25 tourney tonight. Built a nice stack, up to $2500 early, before losing a big chunk of it to a ridiculous play. With blinds at $50/100, I raise to $400 with AA. Player to my left calls. Flop comes K/x/x and I go all-in. He calls and turns over K/6! Naturally, he rivers a 6 and my aces are busted. I drifted to the bottom of the standings after that, settling down around 20th out of 23. But then how to go from 20th to 3rd in just a couple hands? Had A/2 with a 2/3/4 flop, river came with an ace and I went all-in. Doubled up through a guy with A/J. Couple hands later I had AA again and this time was all-in pre-flop. Easily won that hand and am now 3rd out of 17. Just won another big pot to move into 2nd. Had 10/10, raised to 3x BB and got one caller. He hung around post-flop when a K came on the flop despite my 3x BB bet again and then called me on the river when I bet the same a third time. Must've thought I had a busted flush draw or something as my tens were good. $7400, now 2nd place. Down to $3700, 8th place, now - raised all-in over a guy who had re-raised me when I had QQ. He had A/K, and flopped a pair, then two pair to double-up. Now down to $1400 after a guy hit a gutshot straight draw on the river. And now busted in 15th place. Awesome. What a roller coaster. From 2nd place to busted out in 15th after one suckout after another. Very frustrating, 4 straight non-cashes.

FINISH: 15th Place
PAYOUT: $0.00
PROFIT: -$0.25
BANKROLL: $55.53

No comments:

Post a Comment