Monday, March 29, 2010

Tournament #11

Went out so fast in the last tourney, I'm playing another. Things are going well, I flopped a nut flush and basically doubled up to get to $3500. Two hands later, I flopped another ace-high flush. Another guy was betting into me so I let him. He bet half his stack, I raised him all-in. He turns over two pair to my ace-high flush. Naturally he rivers an full house. Fortunately I had him well-covered and am only down to $2000. Still, that sucked. Can't blame the guy, he played the OK but my luck sure seems to suck tonight. Just drew KK and opened with a big raise - 4x BB. 3 callers! Flop came 10/5/J with 2 clubs so I pushed my remaining $1400 into the middle. 2 guys folded and got a call from the third. He turned over J/9. An 8 on the turn gave him a straight draw and set my nerves a-janglin'. But the KK held up and I more than doubled up to $5300, 6th place out of 15. Just paired my A/10 when Q/10/Q hit on the flop and was able to push the other guy out on the river. $2100 pot. Up to $5560, 5th place out of 12. Blinded off from there but have outlasted a sitter to make the $$$ (finally!) Catch 99 when really short-stacked, go all-in with no callers. Steal the blinds to go to $2700. A pair of Js and and uncalled all-in and I'm up to $5200, 5th place out of 7. Doubled up by avoiding a fourth diamond, allowing my AQ to hold up. Up to $8800 now. Big double up with A/K puts me up to nearly $20,000, good for 2nd place. River a straight to double up again, this time through the chip leader and I'm up to $46,000 for the chip lead! And now to heads up, me $55K, him $13K. First hand after the break and I've got 10/7 in the BB. Flop 7/5/Q with two diamonds. I bet $3600, other guy raises all-in for $5300 more. I call and he turns over A/6 of diamonds for a flush draw. My pair of 7s holds up - I actually river 2-pair - and I win my second tourney!

This one feels great. 5 straight non-cashes and 7 of my last 8. Down to less than 3x BB with 7 players left and I manage to come all the way back to win. Yeah, this takes a little bit of sting off the last tourney, getting busted in 27th.

FINISH: 1st Place
PAYOUT: $3.52
PROFIT: $3.27
BANKROLL: $58.55

No comments:

Post a Comment