Friday, March 26, 2010

Tournament #5

Too busy working last night to play but got a chance to play tonight. Good start as I call an all-in early in the tourney with a pretty obvious full house. Can't believe the other guy made the bet he did. I take the pot down, double up, and move to 2nd place. I stayed solidly in the top 5 for much of the action before dropping to 7/8 for the final table. Down to 5 players, I begin to get blinded off before catching a hand and tripling up to (briefly) become chip leader. That doesn't last long as I overplayed a weak ace and drop back to about $13,000. I manage to hang around for a few eliminations and we're down to 3 players. Blinds are $600/$1200 and I'm in the big blind with a little over $8000. I catch a suited A/3 and raise all-in. One caller - and he turns over A/2. Naturally, he hits a deuce on the flop and I'm done. A fourth club on the river to give him a flush only rubs salt in the wound. Still, 3rd place ain't bad.

FINISH: 3rd Place
PAYOUT: $1.85
PROFIT: $1.60
BANKROLL: $56.53


Mental note: I really need to learn how to play middle pairs. Stuff like 9/9 10/10 scares the bejeezus out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment