Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tournament #106

Have had a few days to cool off since the stupidity of that last tournament and am ready to get back into it. Another 45-man...

The dumbassery started early with an all-in pre-flop raise - called by Q/8. The raiser had A/Q and it held up. I hate that crap. Take down my first pot with A/8. Raise to $40, one caller (BB). River an ace as he misses a flush draw and I pick up $210. Drop a couple hundred when I flop 2 pair but lose to a higher 2-pair. Guy called my raise with J/8, flops a flush draw that ends up missing but turned a J to beat my A/5. All-in for $1200 with Q/Q, one caller - 8/8. He gets no help and I double-up to $2400, 12th of 22. $400 pot with A/Q and I'm up to $2800. Blinded down to $2200, I call an all-in that looks like an obvious bluff with A/J suited. Guy has A/Q. No help for me and I bust out in 18th place. Unlike the last A/J, I'm OK with this play. The guy had raised all-in the previous hand super-early and he's got a huge chip stack. Looked to be just throwing his weight around. Unfortunately, he wasn't :(

FINISH: 18th place
PAYOUT: $0.00
PROFIT: -$0.25
BANKROLL: $67.14

No comments:

Post a Comment